Lithuanian Music Information and Publishing Centre (LMIPC) was established in 1996 on the initiative of the Lithuanian Composers' Union. From 2001 LMIPC works as a non-government, non-profit public organization, founded by the Lithuanian Composers' Union.
Mission statement: to make music created by the Lithuanian artists accessible, to get it performed and heard. In carrying out its role LMIPC documents, provides access to, and actively promotes music by the Lithuanian artists. LMIPC serves the needs of people professionally involved with music.
Since 2006 LMIPC covers all genres of music ranging from pop / rock, electronic, jazz, to contemporary classical music.
Infrastructure & Services
Music Export Lithuania
Organizational Structure of the LMIPC
INFRASTRUCTURE & SERVICES
At the LMIPC you will find:
- manuscript library with orchestral, chamber, choral scores and parts by Lithuanian classical and contemporary composers, manuscripts and copies;
- library of published works by Lithuanian classical and contemporary composers;
- sound library of Lithuanian classical and contemporary music;
- online data bank on Lithuanian music and artists, since 2006 expanding in all genres - classical/contemporary, traditional, jazz, pop/rock, electronic/experimental etc.
- team of LMIPC is ready to answer your inquiry on repertoire for concrete instrument(s) or ensembles; it is our task to provide an information service that involves maintaining different our libraries and data; we will help you to come up with tailor-made solution for your every inquiry;
- at LMIPC you can listen to the work or see the score;
- here you can acquire the copy of the manuscript; published works should be purchased directly from the publisher;
- at LMIPC you can hire scores and parts of the orchestral works.
To make the most valuable part of the Lithuanian classical contemporary repertoire available, since 1997 LMIPC has been publishing scores and CDs.
Lithuanian Classical Series
LMIPC also continually publishes popular chamber music compositions, which to date reaching over 100 compositions.
LMIPC's catalogue include over 70 CD releases. LMIPC also releases promotional CDs and their series.
The LMIPC pursues active promotion of Lithuanian classical and contemporary music among performers, organizers of music events, broadcasters, journalists, sending and giving out the packages of CDs, scores, catalogues, brochures, and other material, as well as organizes visits to Lithuania for music journalists and other interested parties.
The LMIPC also collaborates with the international recording companies, licencing the recordings for release in various markets world-wide.
The LMIPC publishes Lithuanian Music Link (printed and online version, Lithuanian and English languages), semiannual newsletter on Lithuanian contemporary composers and their music, providing information on recent developments in the field.
Initiated in July 2006 to assist in furthering the work of Lithuanian music creators, the project Music Lithuania is aiming to maintain close contacts with all relevant parties in the Lithuanian music industry and facilitate exports of the Lithuanian music production.
- represents Lithuanian music industry at the international music trade fairs by providing a stand for Lithuanian participants, in co-operation with Lithuanian music professionals organizes sales initiatives and showcases;
- develops an extensive Lithuanian music website, as a gate to various musics in Lithuania;
- collects and distributes export-related information about the industry and opportunities to Lithuanian music professionals as well as keeps international music industry professionals up to date on new developments in the Lithuanian music industry;
- seeks to co-promote products of Lithuanian music companies.
The partner of the project is the Lithuanian Copyright Protection Association LATGA.
STAFF OF THE LMIPC
Asta Pakarklytė – director, email@example.com
Rimantė Sodeikienė – export project manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lukrecija Petkutė – publishing project manager,
Linas Paulauskis – repertoire consultant / archivist, email@example.com
Petrė Janina Gailiūnienė – accountant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Tel: +370 5 272 69 86, +370 5 212 30 27
Fax: +370 5 212 09 39
Lithuanian Music Information and Publishing Centre is a member of the International Association of Music Information Centres
PARTNERS AND SPONSORS:
Lithuanian Composers' Union
Lithuanian Council for Culture
Lithuanian Media Foundation
Lithuanian Copyright Protection Association LATGA